Access to system wide configuration settings is made available to administrators by clicking the Settings button on the ITAM main menu.
The System Settings interface allows the administrator to define a variety of system wide settings. The following will provide an overview of each pane in the System Settings interface.
If outgoing system generated emails such as form notifications are not successful, most likely it will be necessary to enable this option. This will send all emails from the IT Audit Machine through an SMTP server.
Select the checkbox to enable Use SMTP Server to Send Emails option.
- SMTP Server: This option allows you to specify a specific host externally located to process SMTP requests instead of ITAM's native capability.
- Use Authentication: It's your choice on using authenticated methods of sending ITAM SMTP based messages. We highly recommend doing so.
- Use TLS/SSL: Encryption keeps your SMTP message sessions private so should you decide to utilize an alternative to the integrated ITAM SMTP capabilities, use encryption.
- SMTP User Name: You will need to provide an SMTP user name with secure SMTP systems.
- SMTP Password: You will need to provide an SMTP password with secure SMTP systems.
- SMTP Port: This port will vary with SMTP providers so please verify this with them.
SAML for Single Sign On
- Base URL: Set a BaseURL to be used instead of trying to guess the BaseURL of the view that process the SAML Message.\nEx. http://sp.example.com/
- SP Entity Id: Identifier of the SP entity (must be a URI).
- ACS (Assertion Consumer Service) URL: Specifies info about where and how the message MUST be returned to the requester, in this case our SP.
- Single Logout URL: Identifier of the SP entity (must be a URI).
- NameIDFormat: Specifies constraints on the name identifier to be used to represent the requested subject.
- SP x509cert: Specifies constraints on the name identifier to be used to represent the requested subject.
- SP PrivateKey: Usually x509cert and privateKey of the SP are provided by files placed at the certs folder. But we can also provide them with the following parameters.
- IDP Entity Id: Usually x509cert and privateKey of the SP are provided by files placed at the certs folder. But we can also provide them with the following parameters.
- IDP SingleSignOnService: SSO endpoint info of the IdP. (Authentication Request protocol) URL Target of the IdP where the SP will send the Authentication Request Message.
- IDP SingleLogoutService: SLO endpoint info of the IdP. URL Location of the IdP where the SP will send the SLO Request.
- IDP x509cert: Public x509 certificate of the IdP.
- Enforce Multi-Factor Authentication on users: Select this option to enforce multi-factor authentication for your administrative users which is highly recommended for enhanced security. This feature requires the use of a smartphone. If enabled, all IT Audit Machine users are enrolled in Multi-Factor Authentication. Once enabled, IT Audit Machine will require a six-digit security code generated by a TOTP authentication mobile application in addition to the standard password whenever they sign in to IT Audit Machine.
- Enable IP Address Restriction: Select this option so that all users can only login to IT Audit Machine administrative panel from IP address listed here. Users using other IP address will be blocked.
- Enable Account Locking: Select this option to lock an administrator's account for a defined number of minutes after a certain number of invalid login attempts the administrative user will be temporarily locked out of ITAM. It is recommended that this setting match your corporate access control policy.
- Enable registration notification: Select this option to send an email notification to the address you choose when a new User Portal account is created. This is a great customer support and security feature giving you better oversight into account creation. You are able to enter in as many email recipient addresses as necessary separated by a comma or semicolon.
- Enable welcome message notification: Select this option to display in a pop-up message to User Portal account holders who log into the User Account. This is a good method to display alerts, maintenance notifications, usage terms, thank you messages or any message you need to convey to users when they log into the User Portal.
- Enable site down: Select this option to force both the User Portal and Admin Portal's offline. This action will prevent all accounts except for the primary site administrator from accessing the portal. This is commonly referred to by our customers as the "kill switch".
- Allow self-registration in User Portal: If enabled, users will be permitted to self-register an account in the User Portal. It also enables or disables User Portal managers from inviting new users to thier Entity or "collaboration group".
- Enable Password Expiration: If enabled, users will be permitted to self-register in User Portal.
The Miscellaneous Settings pane of the System Settings allows administrators to define and modify a variety of settings such as the default administration theme, default form theme, and default email from address among others. Click the advanced options linkTo view all of the available setting parameters. The settings parameters should be self explanatory with additional on-screen help available by clicking and hovering over the green question mark icons.
- Admin Panel Theme: Update this option to give your administration portal a different aesthetic.
- Admin Panel Header Image URL: Update the the header images located on both the administrative and user portal header sections with the URL of the image's location. This is a nice feature that enables you to customize the environment to better integrate with your needs.
- Login Footer Image URL: Update the the footer images located on both the administrative and user portal login footer sections with the URL of the image's location. This is a nice feature that enables you to customize the environment to better integrate with your needs.
- User Portal Homepage Video URL: The URL of a video file to be displayed on the User Portal homepage. This feature provides a great opportunity for displaying informative and instructional video content to your User Portal subscribers. There are advertising possibilities as well.
- Default Email From Name: Update this option with the title of the email subject line you wish to send out to users to help identify the purpose of the email message to recipients. This is the default name being used to send all form notifications and system-related emails from IT Audit Machine (example: password reset email, form resume email).
- Default Email From Address: Update this option with the email address you intend on using to display to recipients from ITAM. It is not recommended that you change this default value. This is the default email address being used to send all form notifications and system-related emails from IT Audit Machine (example: password reset email, form resume email).
- IT Audit Machine URL: It is not recommended that you change this default value. Doing so will break certain functionality such as the "Allow Clients to Save and Resume Later" feature.
- File Upload Folder: It is not recommended that you change this default value. Doing so will break certain functionality such as file uploads to the system which is a critical feature.
- Default Form Theme: Update this option with the theme you want ITAM to default to. We recommend building a theme for your company and defaulting to it bringing a great branding feature to your ITAM experience.
- Form Manager Max List: Update this option with the number of ITAM forms you want to be displayed in the administrative portal's Manage Forms tab.
- Remove the "Powered by IT Audit Machine" link from all my forms: Select this option if you intend on "White Labeling" ITAM for your organizations use of ITAM.
Some organizations may choose to have multiple instances of ITAM in order to segregate their forms and data along larger business units/channels or because of specific business needs such as compliance with certain industry regulations and/or best practices. However, often many organizations will share similar form requirements. The Form Export/Import Tool allows ITAM administrators to export a form design structure into a file and then import the form file into another instance of IT Audit Machine. Once imported, the form can be modified within the new instance of ITAM as normal. This can save a significant amount of duplication effort in the development of forms across an organization.
The License Information may be useful when entering a service request ticket and when renewing the license.
This message will appear to both Admin and Users when the site has been administratively taken off-line.